Mother's Day is around the corner ladies, which means that it's time to celebrate the women who filled us with Gumption to begin with. DIY bath bombs are an inexpensive and simple project, so roll up your sleeves and let's get DIY-ing!
What you'll need:
1 large mixing bowl
1 small mixing bowl
1 Cup Measure
1/2 Cup Measure
A mold of some sort (this could be just a plain old tupperware container)
1) In the large mixing bowl combine:
1 Cup Baking Soda
1/2 Cup Cornstarch
1/2 Cup Citric Acid
1/2 Cup Epsom Salts
2) Mix the dry ingredients very thoroughly to maximize the "bomb" effect.
3) In the small mixing bowl combine:
2 Tablespoons Water
3 Tablespoons Essential Oil
Food Colouring (until you acheive your preferred colour)
4) Gradually combine the wet ingredients with the dry, stirring in each portion of wet ingredient thoroughly to acheive a moldable consistency and to avoid a citric acid reaction.
5) Once all the ingredients are combined, begin scooping the product into the mold. Be very sure to pack the product tightly to ensure that it doesn't fall apart when removed from the mold.
6) Go ahead and plop the finished product onto a plate.
7) For maximum effect, leave the bath bombs to dry out for at least 24 hours.